Do you run an online group that would benefit from a free online cancer awareness session?
Get in touch with our team and we will book you in for a free Zoom session!
The group will learn about cancer signs and symptoms, NHS cancer screening, keeping well and be reminded that early detection saves lives.
Our work has moved online, although there is a new ‘Big C’ (coronavirus) we do not want cancer to be forgotten. Raising awareness for key cancer messages remains important during this time.
We’d like to join your Zoom chat.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, there has been a dramatic decrease in cancer referrals. This means a lot less people are seeking treatment for cancer signs and symptoms. It is vitally important that we raise cancer awareness and encourage members of the public to speak to their GP if they notice any changes to their body.
Let us briefly tell you what to expect from one of our sessions.
About the session
- They are aimed at members of the Leeds public aged 50 and over
- It will last around 40 minutes
- It will be carried out on Zoom or similar video chat platforms or our team can join your session
- As cancer can be an emotive topic, we try to keep it light-hearted
What will we cover?
- The session will be about breast, lung, bowel, prostate and cervical cancer
- Cancer signs and symptoms
- NHS cancer screening services
- Speaking to your GP
- Ways to reduce cancer risk
- The importance of early detection
- Opportunity for questions/discussion
Get booked in
- Simply email our team at Leeds@uni.uk.net
- Or call 0113 8800153
- Just let us know of a couple of dates and times that work for you and we will book you in
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate and get in touch
We will tailor the session to meet the needs of the group/service users.
We do not want cancer to be left undetected, help us to raise cancer awareness.
We will look forward to hearing from you and meeting you virtually.
Early detection saves lives.
For information about cancer and coronavirus, visit Cancer Research UK.
To find out more about our team and our work, visit Leeds Cancer Awareness.